How It Works
Your animal hospital can receive up to $1000 in grants from our General Fund each year to be used for one or several pets' urgent medical care. This total can be used for one pet’s care or split up to cover the costs of care for multiple pets equaling $1000. Applying for a grant from CVMF to cover the costs of a pet’s care is up to the discretion of the veterinarian. Depending on the urgency of the situation, you can apply for the grant either before or after performing the necessary procedure. Grant applications will typically be processed within 72 hours.
The Benefits of CVMF Funding
Working with CVMF allows you to take better care of your pet community, despite clients with financial difficulties. It also allows you to retain your patients and clients, manage your patient’s recovery yourself, and be compensated for your services.
How You Can Help
The more funds CVMF has, the more care grants we can offer, and we need your help to continue to fulfill our mission!
Here’s how you can help spread awareness:
- Display a donation jar for CVMF at your hospital
- Like our Facebook page and share it with your clients
- Promote our fundraising events on your hospital’s Facebook page
- Join a CVMF committee
- Shop at Amazon Smile and select “CVMA Foundation, NFP” as your charitable organization
- Inform clients on how to support grieving pet parents with a Memorial Donation